This report highlights the presentations made by the author at the Flowers 2011 Conference and the success of the trade booth set up to disseminate the wildflower quality specifications and postharvest manual (both outcomes of RIRDC PRJ-000331) and showcase high quality cultivated wildflowers. It also summarises the key messages from the conference speakers, who addressed the conference theme of ‘working together…to race to the top’. The author’s considerable experience in the Australian flower industry allowed her to interpret the information presented to the conference, and highlight the issues of significance to the Australian wildflower industry, from growers and marketers to florists. This information is shared with those industry members who were unable to personally attend the Conference through this report and an industry newsletter produced by the author.
- Postharvest performance of cut marigold, rose, and sunflower stems as influenced by homemade and commercial floral preservatives
- Postharvest Handling of Australian Flowers
- Care and Handling of Fresh Cut Flowers
- Pretreatment Solutions for Improving the Vase Life of Cut Roses
- Handling of Cut Flowers for Export
- Care and Handling of Cut Flowers and Foliage