Correct postharvest treatment and handling is essential if flowers are to maintain quality during marketing and export. This project has produced a workbook that provides growers and exporters with practical information about postharvest treatment of fresh wildflowers. The book, Postharvest Handling of Australian Flowers -from Australian Native Plants and Related Species, is published separately from this report and is available from RIRDC (Publication Number 02/021).
- Postharvest performance of cut marigold, rose, and sunflower stems as influenced by homemade and commercial floral preservatives
- Biocontrol of Western flower thrips in cut flowers
- Sustainable Cut Flower Production
- Environmental Management Guidelines for Growing Cut Flowers
- Australian Flower Conference – Evaluation Form
- Postharvest Handling of Australian Flowers