Evaluation of Grafted Wildflowers The findings from this project contribute valuable information for the development of the wildflower industry through the use of grafted wildflowers for cut flower production. Flower growers, plant propagators and consumers will benefit from the uptake of the … Continued
IDEMP-sample-040515 An irrigation, drainage and energy management plan for nursery production.
6. Ergonomics One of the major causes of ergonomic problems is manual handling which leads to back, joint and muscle problems. Manual handling means any activity requiring the use of human force to lift, lower, push, pull, carry or otherwise move, hold or … Continued
farm_family_handbook This handbook has three easy lists for you to use and keep for future use. Start by using the checklists to identify the most difficult pressures to deal with on your farm. Plan to do the checklist each 12 … Continued
13. Farm Chemicals Hazardous Substances Regulations under these Acts have been adopted in New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Northern Territory, Western Australia and Tasmania. These are based on national standards, and require hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control … Continued
Flowershydroponic Minimising the risk of disease is the prime consideration for a hydroponic cut flower farm using recycled water.
Safe use of Quads and Side by Side Vehicles on Australian Farms Revised 2016 Incidents involving quads are now the leading cause of injury death on Australian farms. Farmers who are employers or in control of the farm workplace have … Continued
11. Safety in the Farm Workshop This publication aims to provide practical guidelines for employers and workers to improve and ensure the safety of those who work in farm workshops, and those who are in the vicinity of areas where fabrication, machinery … Continued
20. Sun Safety Sun exposure is something which workers on Australian farms have taken for granted as working outside is a major part of farm work. The damaging solar radiation or ultra violet rays affect the skin and the eyes. Australia has … Continued
19. Heat Stress Every farmer and farm workers must be familiar with and learn how to deal with the condition of heat stress. However, heat stress is generally not desirable, and should be avoided where possible.