This study tour saw first-hand Sustainable Production Technologies for the Cut Flower Industry. Israel, Spain and the Netherlands were visited to assess specific areas of interest.
– Design and application of new water efficient technologies (inground and hydroponic)
– Identification and evaluation of automated greenhouse systems
– Energy savings from advanced ICT climate control systems
– Methods of collection, disinfestation, recycling and reuse of run-off water
– Information on improvements to labour and input efficiencies
– Methods of improving product yield and quality from such technology
– Improvements in workplace health and safety available from the application of automated systems and labour saving devices.