6. Ergonomics One of the major causes of ergonomic problems is manual handling which leads to back, joint and muscle problems. Manual handling means any activity requiring the use of human force to lift, lower, push, pull, carry or otherwise move, hold or … Continued
13. Farm Chemicals Hazardous Substances Regulations under these Acts have been adopted in New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Northern Territory, Western Australia and Tasmania. These are based on national standards, and require hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control … Continued
Safe use of Quads and Side by Side Vehicles on Australian Farms Revised 2016 Incidents involving quads are now the leading cause of injury death on Australian farms. Farmers who are employers or in control of the farm workplace have … Continued
11. Safety in the Farm Workshop This publication aims to provide practical guidelines for employers and workers to improve and ensure the safety of those who work in farm workshops, and those who are in the vicinity of areas where fabrication, machinery … Continued
20. Sun Safety Sun exposure is something which workers on Australian farms have taken for granted as working outside is a major part of farm work. The damaging solar radiation or ultra violet rays affect the skin and the eyes. Australia has … Continued
19. Heat Stress Every farmer and farm workers must be familiar with and learn how to deal with the condition of heat stress. However, heat stress is generally not desirable, and should be avoided where possible.
3.16_Tool_Risk_management_checklist Use the following checklist to review the current policies and practices of the organisation that relate to risk management. Areas that are not ticked indicate issues that should be attended to.
Introduction_Work_Health_and_Safety Australian farming has one of the highest rates of serious workplace injuries and fatalities. There has been a considerable improvement over the last 25 years, with farm related fatality falling from an average of 150 deaths per year, to … Continued
WHS_Safety_Action_Plan Tasks to manage risks may be delegated, but ultimately each relevant ‘Persons Conducting a Business or Undertaking’ (PCBU) holds this responsibility under the law.
Safety_Training_and_Register Some training will be available as a specific course, for example, chemical training courses. However, most health and safety training will be on the job. That training should be practical and include a hands-on component where this is relevant. Induction, … Continued